Your privacy is important to the Bahrain Economic Development Board, which is organizing the Gateway Gulf Investor Forum (“GGIF”). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that GGIF collects, and the ways in which it uses that personal information.
GGIF respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how the Bahrain Economic Development Board, which is organizing the Gateway Gulf Investor Forum collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website, such as when you register to attend the Gateway Gulf Investor Forum.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
The Bahrain Economic Development Board on behalf of the Gateway Gulf Investor Forum is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “GGIF”, “we”,
The Data We Collect About You
Personal Information Collection
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following kinds of personal information:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, position, company/organization, industry, date of birth, city of birth, gender, ID type, nationality, ID place of issue, date of issue and expiration date.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, headshot, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences]
- Information about your use of our website.
- Information about communications carried out through this website.
- Any other information that you send to GGIF.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Failure to provide Personal information
If you fail to provide personal information where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to allow you access to the Gateway Gulf Investor Forum. If this is the case, we will notify you at the time.
How is your Personal Data Collected
How is your personal data collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your [Identity, Contact and Financial Data] by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback or contact us
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers [suchb as Google];
- advertising networks [such as [Facebook] based [Ireland]; and
- search information providers [such as [Google] based [Ireland].
How we use your Personal Data
Using personal information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and/or in accordance with your consent. Most commonly, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administer this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- Personalise the website for you;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Supply services that you subscribe to, such as newsletters, industry insights and event announcements;
- Perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- For the Bahrain Economic Development Board to engage with you subsequent to GGIF;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, and in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Send you marketing communications;
- To administer and protect this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data); or
- To manage our relationship with you.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Where the GGIF discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time OR by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of [a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions].
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with The Experience FZ-LCC by Richard Attias and Associates for the purposes above-mentioned. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the Kingdom of Bahrain, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that We only transfer your personal data to countries that are deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data. You may learn more about us by visiting https://bahrainedb.com/contact-us/
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We have put in a place with appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements
Updating this Statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Bahrain Economic Development Board’s details
The full name of our organisation is the Economic Development Board.
The Bahrain Economic Development Board’s address is Bahrain Economic Development Board, 3rd Floor, Arcapita, P.O. BOX 11299, Bahrain Bay, Kingdom of
You can contact the Bahrain Economic Development Board by email to email@example.com